‘Lost’ is coming back! January 21, 2009Posted by mrstetris in Uncategorized.
Tags: ben, drinking game, food, hurley, jack, kate, lost, premiere, sawyer, sayid, the park bencher blog, themed
obviously, pk and i are HUGE fans of Lost! we are going over to our friend’s house to watch the premiere 3 hour episode tonight. of course, because i am addicted to cooking, i will be preparing some themed foods to go along with the festivities.
in the past, i have made themed cakes for pk’s birthday, which usually is pretty close to the Lost season premieres.
this year, i have a week or two before pk’s birthday. because Lost is premiering sooner than usual, pk will not be enjoying another Lost themed birthday cake.
searching the internets, i came across some other great ideas to inspire me for tonight’s appetizers.
*Hurley’s Dharma Initiative chips and ranch dip
*Peanut butter anything, because Charlie & Claire love that PB!
Neatorama.com had a bunch of clever ideas. here’s a few of my favorites:
*Order (or make) fried chicken, and change the labels to “Mr. Cluck’s Fried Chicken.”
*Miniture alcohol bottles and airline peanuts.
here’s a really cool place to find Dharma Initiative font
you can get even more crazy by decorating around the house! turn your front door into a hatch. hang black mist all over the walls, on the floor, etc. get a stuffed polar bear or put up a poster. there are endless ideas!
i really enjoyed this drinking game, courtesy of The Park Bencher blog:
Take a sip every time:
* Hurley says “dude.”
* Ben says something nonsensical…and menacing…and semi-rodent-like, possibly about cheese.
* You notice Future Jack’s beard looks like a small bear is getting sexy with his chin.
* Kate waffles between Jack and Sawyer and then Sawyer and Jack and then Jack and Sawyer…and wait for it…Jack and Sawyer some more. Egads, woman!
* Desmond says “aye” in that saucy way that makes you wish he was your yes man
* Locke goes crazy, does crazy, exudes crazy, says “crazy,” acts mildly wacky or kills a guy.
Chug every time:
* Claire actually has a line.
* Claire aggravates you because she actually has a line.
* You get misty-eyed when Bernard and Rose are together.
* Sayid kicks ass…and reminds you of how Naveen Andrews was the only good part of “The English Patient.”
* Sawyer grimaces and/or furrows a brow…and you want to tell him that if he keeps making those faces, it’s going to stick. Didn’t his mother teach him anything?
* You feel compelled to call shenanigans because Jin said something way too complicated for a guy who just learned English. Although let’s face it, when Jin’s on screen, are we really listening to what he’s saying or are we just staring? I think we’re just staring.
Pour entire keg over your head and dance around chanting, “I knew it! I knew it! You can’t fool me, Lindelof, with your fancy fooling ways!” if:
* Jacob turns out to be played by the ghost of Anthony Perkins.
* Charlie turns out NOT to be dead…in the future! Also, he is now a polar bear.
i promise to post some of my creations for the post party blog tomorrow.